Gaze on the surrounding hills, snuggle up by the wood-burner or lie in bed listening to the gently flowing Barberry brook. Staying in the Folly will make you want to remain all day and there is something in every corner of this dream house, designed by artist/architect Andras Kaldor, to delight the eye. From the built in Buddha in the hallway to the array of sailing boats on the upstairs beams this space oozes character.
Built on top of the original manor farm mill house, the Folly sits so comfortably in the middle of the old garden walls that it looks like it has been there forever – and you will wish you could be too.
From the sunny balcony at the front of the Folly you overlook the immaculate grass tennis court and wonderfully groomed Fingals gardens. From the rear of the Folly balcony, you overlook a mini wilderness inhabited by butterflies, dragonflies, kingfishers and the occasional otter (you might even spot a wee brown trout in the stream if you are lucky!).
- Free standing house on two floors
- Beach house style with washed white decor
- Sitting-room with daybed & wood burner
- Door to south facing balcony
- Overlooks garden and Devon hills on one side of the building and the stream on the other
- Kitchen with balcony over stream
- Downstairs bedroom with separate shower and bathroom
- TV/DVD, vintage record player, landline, HiFi, WiFi