The only animals this Barn has housed are the occasional domestic pets brought by our guests! We built this traditional green-oak framed barn in 1987 on two levels. Reached from an outside stairway to a first floor covered balcony, the oak-framed Barn was constructed with heavy oak beams and trusses over a large open plan area. It is glazed between the uprights with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the gardens giving it a wonderful light, rustic, warm and spacious feeling. The Barn has an oak floor with faded oriental rugs, well-snuggled-in sofas, a rocking horse, and a grand piano. There are three bedrooms; the master one (en suite) is downstairs with its own enclosed patio garden and the two smaller alcove bedrooms are upstairs, off the sitting-room and share a bathroom. It’s a great space for a big family or group of friends and can easily work with the Wisteria Suite for larger groups.
Although the Barn has all mod cons – hifi, internet etc, audio entertainment can be enhanced further by one of your children practising it’s Grade 1 scales on our ships, wood-framed slightly out-of-tune grand piano!
- Kingsize ensuite bedroom with private patio/garden
- Small twin & double bedrooms
- Shared bathroom with roll top bath
- Heavy featured green oak trusses & rafters in roof
- Spacious open plan kitchen/dining/sitting area with grand piano
- Small laundry room
- Glazed private balcony with dining table & bench
- TV/DVD, WiFi, HiFi, landline