Lower Mill House
Comfortable, steeped in history this early 19thC historic millhouse still has the workings and the old mill shaft for milling flour in the cellar. The site of the old leat and the millwheel is now the courtyard perfect for a barbecue. The sitting room is in the old mill loading bay and through the old brick and stone arch is the kitchen, making a lovely rustic open-plan space with a wood-burning stove in the sitting room and an open flamed gas stove in the kitchen fireplace.
The Lower Mill is at the back of the Manor farmhouse. There are two bedrooms with a shared bathroom in between. The Lower Mill has loads of character and although only two bedrooms it can be combined with the Upper Mill for a party of 10 or more.
- Open plan kitchen/dining-room
- Period brick and stone arch for mill wheel
- Large sitting-room with sofa bed and wood burner
- Double and triple bedrooms with shared bathroom
- Private patio at back with BBQ
- Utility room with washing machine and dryer
- Old mill wheel workings showing through from basement
- Satellite TV/DVD, HiFi, WiFi, landline