Below we provide information about the security and privacy of the Fingals web site. We want all our visitors to be confident using our site, particularly the use of personal information.
The Data Protection Principles
Anyone processing personal data must comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice. They say that data must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- not kept longer than necessary
- processed in accordance with the data subject's rights
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Personal data covers both facts and opinions about the individual. It also includes information regarding the intentions of the data controller towards the individual, although in some limited circumstances exemptions will apply. With processing, the definition is far wider than before. For example, it incorporates the concepts of 'obtaining', holding' and 'disclosing'.
Use of Personal Information
- We will only send you information about our services if you have shown interest in our services. All subscribers to our mailing list will be given the option to unsubscribe at any time.
- We will not disclose information regarding our clients to third parties unless the client has first given their consent.
- Information collected about the client is used only for the provision of our services to the client. This information is not used for any other purpose.
- If you have any concerns about privacy matters please contact us at email@example.com
- No personal information is stored by our cookies on our site.
- Our cookie sessions expire after you leave our site.
- Our system logs automatically collects your IP address. If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 220.127.116.11. This information is stored in our logs and may be referred to in case of any dispute.